Tuesday, 24 June 2014

Eye-Popping Watercolour Florals Made Easy

Firstly, thanks for all the comments on the blog. I've tried to acknowledge every one but there's hundreds and I'm struggling to keep up.

If you have a specific question, it's still not too late email me using my private email address (don’t reply to this email as the reply-address isn't monitored):

questions-for-bob@paintboxartmedia.com  

Today’s lesson comes from our Floral Module. It's just one of about 35 lessons...




(Actual images that you'll learn to paint in the Watercolour Academy)

I think there are more techniques and tips packed into this Module than any other. Even if florals isn’t your thing, the range of experimental techniques Siân, your Module tutor, reveals is truly staggering!

Here’s a video lesson from the Floral Elements section of the Module. She’ll walks you through 6 interesting methods for painting leaves and stems:




REFERENCE MATERIAL
(RIGHT click the links and choose 'save target as' or 'save link as' from the pop up menu) 



ENROLLING IN THE NEW WATERCOLOUR ACADEMY

These lessons are just a small taster from our brand new Watercolour Academy. If you'd like to see the full lesson list and get more details, add your name to my Prioirty Notification list below. You're NOT committing to anything - you're just requesting a bit fo extra info...

Priority Notification List:

* indicates required





The final taster lesson tomorrow comes from the Figure & Portraits Module. I’ll also try and squeeze a lesson from the Animals & Pets Module, maybe something on how to photograph your pet.

Very best wishes,

Bob.
P.s. don't forget to leave a comment below...

26 comments:

  1. Sian, explained very well with different shapes of brushes she used , with her technique how t paint leaves of different shapes, veins, dark & lighter shades. Most artistically , articutely with gentle touch here

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very a well done Sian ,Congrats for your Help & guidance .Excellent!-Anna Knight

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very a well done Sian ,Congrats for your Help & guidance .Excellent!-Anna Knight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll pass your comments on to Siân, Anna

      Delete
    2. Thanks, very nice explanation about leaves in watercolor. She is very good teacher.

      Delete
    3. Hi Bob,
      thanks for all your video links, there great. I have a problem with the last one on Skin Tones though, it won't download. It maybe me, but could you check. Denise.

      Delete
  4. As a new water colorist, I found this video extremely helpful. I can't wait to take a paper and try leaves all over the surface! Holly leaves...Christmas cards?! Ummmmm......

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great demo! Can you tell us what kind of brushes you use Sian?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Siân covers her brushes and paints in an earlier lesson in this Module Ingrid

      Delete
  6. You folk make it look so easy. I have no natural talent, but can't wait to start. This lesson was LOVELY. ( and I see I CAN llok at each lesson as often as I need to.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ms. Dudley, thank you. You offered the most complete and clear instruction in the time allot. I benefit a lot from your careful notes on using the brush that helps the best the stroke result.

    It would help me if you would provide a list of the brushes # you used in the this class, please.

    ReplyDelete
  8. very nice demo,I want to ask what the tool is that looks very hard and can scrape the dark veins? It can also use for the maskflow,I want to buy also. and another brush's hair is bevel, looks easy to use,what is the brush?

    thanks a lot. and i have more question.Negative painting is very difficult for me, can you give us more Negative painting'lessions

    hug from hua.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ms.Dudeley and Mr.Bob you are wonderful !! An interesting methods with so well explened lesson
    offer from both of you that is excellence!! That will be very helpful for me to re-start.
    Thank you very much and very best wishes from Amsterdam.Love from A'dam.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This was very helpful and thanks so much for the pics and the grids.. I look forward to getting back to painting on a regular basis and to starting with watercolors, which is something I always loved & wanted to try.. Thanks again... Flora

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loving these lessons. Really looking forward to signing up for the course.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great mini lessons, thank you! I'm in the U.S. (Tucson, AZ) and have followed many fun lessons from your fine teachers on You Tube. Looking forward to more info on this Watercolor Academy.
    I want to sign up for sure. Tricia C.

    ReplyDelete
  13. very lovely to do. I am 73 years old will the course be easy to get on my computer? Or will I need a tech to help me. I hate getting things to work on my computer Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you Bob Davis for your Mails

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for the lovely lesson on leaves, and the different techniques and brushes. It is very helpful indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Where can I buy a "ruling pen?"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can buy online from Artifolk at this link:
      http://www.artifolk.co.uk/pens/technical-pens/ruling-pens.htm

      I have ordered art materials through them for several years now and have found their prices and service fantastic!

      Deepthi

      Delete
  17. Very quite handy tips. I'll certaly use some of them. I wish one day i can be as skillful as you are with the brushes. Thanks very much.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Despite myself, I really have got a lot out of watching this. As a someone who sees masses of detail this shows that technique provides the right tools for an effective and great result. It also highlights the importance of using different brushes to apply the paint in the most effective manner. Great stuff.

    ReplyDelete

Add your comments here. Please be nice and respectful to others :)